Sunday, October 11, 2009

X

This O Lord is beyond my grasp.
It is clouded to my understanding.
In the night, I reach for the answer.
At dawn, I search and hanve no reply.

Why, Father King, this great loss for me?
The perfect one, shining with glory
to be dragged through dirt and to bleed
for me?

How foolish a bargain My King.
How cruelly you have been decieved
to think that htere is anything in me
worth that--
worth the broken cry
My God, my God why have You forsaken Me?

And in the balance myself
a small creeping thing
jealous, petty, and weak.
I am so easily lost, so quickly turned away.
Simple in mind and selfish at heart
I have little of your beauty
nothing but that which You have given.
You have given so much.
Answer me Lord, I ask one thing more.

Why?

King of Heaven, what worth am I to do?
How could this thing be done? and on my behalf?
He who sits at your right hand,
Glory be upon Him and Praise eternal.
I am swept to silence at the weight of this sacrifice.
How great are Your ways and far beyond my sight.
May this great gift for my zeal bring You glory always.
May my mouth never fall silent in Your praise.
Even in my sleep, let me lift You up.

Your Presence is a gift beyond my comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment