Sunday, September 27, 2009

VIII

How nearsighted am I!
See how the edges blur as soon
as they flow past my fingertips
and so I do not reach farther.
I do not raise my head to search
for the signs of Your presence
but only stumble along in the my greygreen world
wondering what I'm missing.
Lord cover my eyes!
Render me blind!
Freeze me in place in this darkness
and teach me to reach for You,
to hear Your voice among the chords of chaos
and hold that harmony in my heart.
Strip from me any portion of independence.
My pride is my chain--
how I long to be unshackled!
To strip it off like dead skin and stand
glowing in your reflected glory
tuned to turn at Your slightest thought
trained to hunger after You
always ready to reach for You.

Your Presence is the light of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment